Senior Special Request Analyst
The Senior Special Request Analyst will be primarily responsible for reviewing and analyzing various loan and servicing documents to determine the viability of requests and the underlying consent paths and coordinating consent matters with Borrowers, external Servicers, and Servicing peers and management. Borrower consents that this position will be responsible for processing include leasing activities, property management changes, alterations/partial releases of collateral, reserve releases, franchise changes, maturity extensions, and other routine consent matters. Primary customers include other servicing entities, Legal Counsel (Internal/External), Borrowers, Senior Management, Client Relation Managers and Production and Investment Sales.
- Ensure timely turnaround of Borrower consent matters
- Provide management with written recommendations on various requests from borrowers
- Review and interpret loan documentation and servicing agreements to determine viability of borrower requests for various transactions such as leasing activity, maturity extensions and partial releases, and generate requirements letters as needed
- Perform necessary analysis for requested transactions such as leasing activity, property management changes alterations of collateral, partial releases, and franchise changes
- Review cases performed by Hyderabad staff on similar transaction and take deals through the balance of the approval process
- Document transactions in the Servicing system and document retention system
- Update assigned pipeline in various tracking systems
- Other duties as assigned
What you will need to be successful
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of underwriting/financial analysis experience, preferably commercial real estate
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work overtime during periods of high volume
- Excellent computer skills
Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Jefferies Financial Group, is a leader in the commercial real estate industry, offering a robust suite of services to our multifamily and commercial property clients. Powered by deep relationships and industry-changing technology, our people sell, finance, and service commercial real estate, providing support for the entire life cycle of our clients’ assets. Our unique ownership structure allows us to put the client’s interests first and creates a marketplace that delivers a superior experience.
Berkadia complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants. Applicants who require reasonable accommodations to participate in the interview process should contact Emma.Petersen@berkadia.com to arrange for such accommodations.
Berkadia is an Equal Opportunity employer and complies with all applicable Federal, State and local laws concerning discrimination in employment. No question in this Application is intended to elicit information in violation of any such law, nor will any information obtained in response to any question be used in violation of any such law.