The Underwriting Analyst – Affordable Housing plays a critical role at Berkadia supporting multi-billion-dollar lending platforms. The individual selected will help analyze proposed transactions, prepare formal recommendations, and assist in the closing and delivery of approved loans to necessary constituents. A candidate with the desire to learn and grow will have the opportunity to advance within the team and company overall.
What you will need to be successful
- One to three years prior experience in a similar position supporting Affordable Housing.
- Excellent organizational, analytic, and quantitative skills, detail oriented and possess a high level of initiative.
- Technology Experience with MS Office, especially Excel with prior experience with Salesforce preferred.
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to interface with team members, work in a team environment and adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Knowledge of cash flow analysis and exposure to commercial real estate preferred.
- Support underwriters (including Deputy Chief Underwriters and Chief Underwriter) execute business.
- Analyze multifamily real estate transactions, which includes assisting in the collection and review of loan due diligence materials, the generation of underwriting pro forma cash flows, identifying and evaluating risks and mitigates associated with a proposed transaction, and preparing formal presentations for loan committee.
- Assist in all aspects of deal processing from application through underwriting and closing to delivery of the loan to servicing and/or investor.
- Coordinate and monitor loan underwriting tasks performed by offshore resources as well as external third parties to ensure timely and accurate delivery of work product.
- Perform site inspections of collateral associated with proposed loans.
- Other duties as assigned.
Berkadia, as an equal opportunity employer, celebrates our employees’ unique differences, which we believe drives personal and company-wide innovation and creates a people-first culture where your career can take the long view. To achieve these goals, we are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, domestic partner status, military and veteran status, disability, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by federal, state and local laws.
In keeping with our commitment, Berkadia takes the necessary steps to provide a workplace free from harassment and discrimination, as well as access and reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation to take part in the interview process, please contact email@example.com.