The Senior Manager, Enterprise Technology Operations will work directly with the managers of the Cloud Infrastructure and Infrastructure Solutions teams as well as other various departments to support strategic technology initiatives as well as existing enterprise systems. This role will own all monitoring and observability for Berkadia’s applications and systems as well as troubleshooting and remediation of issues. The individual selected will be responsible for building successful stakeholder relationships with other Innovation leaders by developing a clear understanding of business needs, acting as a trusted advisor, and ensuring secure, reliable, and cost-effective availability and maintenance of IT services.
What someone will need to be successful in this role
- Extensive demonstrated experience leading globally distributed teams of cross functional engineers
- Demonstrated history with application performance monitoring tools (Traceview, AppDynamics, Dotcom-Monitor, etc.)
- Experience with patch management using (SCCM) System Center Configuration Manager for Windows as well as 3rd party patching tools
- Strong demonstrated history with Infrastructure as Code providers (preferably Terraform)
- Partner with Infrastructure Solutions team to understand and maintain existing infrastructure solutions
- Create and centralize the monitoring and observability discipline at Berkadia. Develop and maintain standards and procedures for monitoring at both a systems and applications level as well as the associated responses and escalations matrix.
- Ensure all systems and applications are monitored from both an availability and performance perspective and that appropriate actions are taken when alerts are triggers.
- Partner with stakeholders to understand SLAs for their applications, develop SLIs and SLOs to measure applications against these SLAs and implement monitoring solutions accordingly.
- Lead our ongoing systems and infrastructure lifecycle management and patching efforts.
- Partner with Infrastructure Program Management to ensure that team backlog is created and maintained, priorities are established, timelines are estimated, and resources are allocated.
- Lead a globally distributed team to ensure initiatives are delivered on-time, on-budget and are high quality.
Minimal domestic and international travel required (10-20%)
Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Jefferies Financial Group, is a leader in the commercial real estate industry, offering a robust suite of services to our multifamily and commercial property clients. Powered by deep relationships and industry-changing technology, our people sell, finance, and service commercial real estate, providing support for the entire life cycle of our clients’ assets. Our unique ownership structure allows us to put the client’s interests first and creates a marketplace that delivers a superior experience.
Berkadia complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants. Applicants who require reasonable accommodations to participate in the interview process should contact Emma.Petersen@berkadia.com to arrange for such accommodations.
Berkadia is an Equal Opportunity employer and complies with all applicable Federal, State and local laws concerning discrimination in employment. No question in this Application is intended to elicit information in violation of any such law, nor will any information obtained in response to any question be used in violation of any such law.