The Senior Financial Analyst will become an expert on market elements that impact Commercial Real Estate and perform in-depth financial analysis to evaluate Commercial Real Estate assets. The Senior Financial Analyst will assist the Investments Sales team with financial analysis and preparing market data to be utilized in various client-facing documents and presentations.
- Owns the process to breakdown and analyze P&L statements and rent rolls.
- Utilize and maintain databases which track investment sales activity, construction pipeline, and other relevant real estate metrics.
- Will occasionally present and support analyses to clients.
- Review industry surveys and benchmarks, economic and demographic trends.
- Actively research, writing, and proofing of market intelligence for marketing materials.
- Prepare and present the results of the analysis, including graphics and charts, in a clear and concise manner.
- Establish strong working relationships with the team to understand and identify their needs for market intelligence.
- Utilize the market intelligence to craft the story for the deal.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you will need to be successful
- Exceptionally strong Excel modeling skills, with experience with VBA and complex formulas.
- Experience with data analytics such as demographics, competitors, industry and real estate trends, etc.
- Organized and highly detail-oriented; accustomed to allocating time to double-check work.
- Ability to think commercially about the needs and requirements of different client groups, including investment management firms, brokers, and lenders.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work independently and deliver results with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work effectively both as an individual and as part of a team are a must.
- Ability to simplify and effectively communicate complex ideas in writing and through data visualization techniques to diverse audiences.
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, etc.) a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Three to five years prior experience in a similar position.
Berkadia, as an equal opportunity employer, celebrates our employees’ unique differences, which we believe drives personal and company-wide innovation and creates a people-first culture where your career can take the long view. To achieve these goals, we are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, domestic partner status, military and veteran status, disability, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by federal, state and local laws.
In keeping with our commitment, Berkadia takes the necessary steps to provide a workplace free from harassment and discrimination, as well as access and reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation to take part in the interview process, please contact email@example.com.