Senior Director – Capital Markets
The Senior Direct of Capital Markets for Berkadia’s Affordable Housing team will report to the SVP of Affordable Housing and lead the development and structuring of all non-perm debt capital solutions for the Affordable Housing team Mortgage Banking. The incumbent will lead market outreach and development of relationships for all capital needs other perm loan executions already established. He/she will be responsible for ensuring Berkadia’s clients have access to best capital available in the market and managing efficient execution to access it.
Primary Responsibilities include the following
- Work with Mortgage Bankers (MBs) to identify capital needs
- Identify and maintain relationships with capital providers up and down the capital stack, leveraging existing Berkadia relationships
- Manage development of appropriate marketing collateral (pitch books) to educate potential partner and maximize opportunities, involves working with research and marketing departments
- Design appropriate capital structures (whole loans, participations, correspondent relationships (USB..), funds, co-invest…) to meet client needs and appetite of partners
- Establish origination and servicing agreements with key capital partners as appropriate
- Design and manage a process for efficiently accessing capital from partners – a best in class “clear the market” approach similar to best conventional MB offices
- Maximize fee opportunities for all the above
- Actively market to MBs and partners to develop ongoing pipeline of opportunities
- Other duties as assigned
Minimal domestic travel required (10-20%)
Qualifications to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the experience required.
- Ability to establish, maintain and strengthen relationships with all internal and external constituents; strong written and verbal communication skills with a high level of comfort with engagement of senior level finance professionals
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and consistency
- Broad knowledge of real estate finance, and specific experience in Affordable housing
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative, and able to work independently and among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Spirit of collaboration, working with and supporting the wider organization
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Adhere to Berkadia’s policies and exhibit proficiency and understanding of Berkadia’s Values and position-specific skills.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Preferred Previous Experience
Seven to ten years prior experience in a similar position.
Berkadia, as an equal opportunity employer, celebrates our employees’ unique differences, which we believe drives personal and company-wide innovation and creates a people-first culture where your career can take the long view. To achieve these goals, we are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, domestic partner status, military and veteran status, disability, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by federal, state and local laws.
In keeping with our commitment, Berkadia takes the necessary steps to provide a workplace free from harassment and discrimination, as well as access and reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation to take part in the interview process, please contact email@example.com.