The Senior Technical Cloud Architect is responsible for providing technical architecture leadership in support of Berkadia’s initiatives in cloud computing, infrastructure and automation, with a focus on the design of systems and services that run on cloud platforms. In addition to providing architectural leadership and best practices to the Cloud & Infrastructure Technology team, the Data Engineering team, as well as the Product Engineering teams.
What someone will need to be successful in this role
- Demonstrated history of AWS and/or Azure cloud architecture and implementation
- Strong working history with CI/CD (Continuous Improvement / Development
- Demonstrated Data Center Cloud Migration experience (On-prem to Cloud)
- Kubernetes or Docker experience Preferred
- AWS, Azure, Kubernetes or TOGAF Certification (Nice to Have)
- Demonstrate expert level knowledge of AWS and/or Azure cloud architecture and implementation features (OS, multi-tenancy, virtualization, orchestration, elastic scalability) including migration of legacy data center technologies to the cloud
- Demonstrate expert level knowledge of DevOps tool chains and processes (Terraform), contribute to DevOps development and partner with developers to deliver cloud native solutions
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert to the organization for cloud end-to-end architecture, including AWS and Azure, networking, provisioning, and management
- Develop a library of deployable and documented cloud design patterns, based on the Berkadia application portfolio, as a basis for deploying services to the cloud
- Demonstrate leadership ability to back decisions with research and the “why,” and articulate several options, the pros and cons for each, and a recommendation
- Maintain overall industry knowledge on latest trends, technology, etc.
- 18 PTO days + 2 floating holidays & 10 paid holidays per year
- Generous tuition reimbursement towards a Masters or Bachelors degree
- 401K match up to 6%
- 12 weeks of 100% paid paternity/maternity leave
- Mentorship with industry professionals
Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Jefferies Financial Group, is a leader in the commercial real estate industry, offering a robust suite of services to our multifamily and commercial property clients. Powered by deep relationships and industry-changing technology, our people sell, finance, and service commercial real estate, providing support for the entire life cycle of our clients’ assets. Our unique ownership structure allows us to put the client’s interests first and creates a marketplace that delivers a superior experience.
Berkadia complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants. Applicants who require reasonable accommodations to participate in the interview process should contact Emma.Petersen@berkadia.com to arrange for such accommodations.
Berkadia is an Equal Opportunity employer and complies with all applicable Federal, State and local laws concerning discrimination in employment. No question in this Application is intended to elicit information in violation of any such law, nor will any information obtained in response to any question be used in violation of any such law.