The Senior Auditor – Internal Audit will examine the changing risk landscape and evaluate whether the control environment adequately mitigates the identified risk.
At Berkadia we are working to be the most customer-centric mortgage company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Interested in diving deep into some of the core areas of the company? Are you looking for a position that will leverage and grow your technology skills, expand your knowledge of technology, and provide opportunities to problem solve?
Berkadia is seeking a Senior Auditor to join our audit team supporting Infrastructure and Application audits. Our primary mission is to perform independent and objective assessments of business processes, systems, and related controls with the goal of improving risk management, operations, security, compliance, and the overall system of internal controls.
As a Senior auditor, you will lead the planning, scoping, execution, and reporting of audits based on identified risks. You will conduct technical audits across the businesses we support. You will work with various business, IT, finance, and legal partners as you plan, execute, and report on the results of each internal audit. In this capacity, you will gain valuable exposure to many organizations, processes, and systems within our global business. You must be able to understand complex business processes and identify the full range of risks related to processes, regulatory compliance, organization, policy, and technology.
You should be comfortable interacting with technical software development engineers and business leaders, have a technical background and the ability to learn new technology concepts quickly. You should be able to translate technical risks into business issues. You should be able prioritize findings and recommendations and facilitate multiple stakeholders to agree on appropriate solutions and verify that risks are mitigated appropriately. You must be comfortable performing as a sole contributor or teammate.
- Provide input into internal audit strategy and assist other Risk Compliance and Control functions as needed.
- Ensure audit teams conduct thorough and independent audits focused on evaluation of internal control design and effectiveness of controls.
- Conduct all phases of the audit lifecycle with oversight from the VP of internal audit.
- Ensure the application of a consistent and methodical audit approach, including key participation in the development of the audit approach, programs and processes.
- Ensure audit issues are well defined, root causes are identified and include recommendations for improved controls and processes are communicated.
- Work with executive management to appropriately address audit findings.
- Ensure that audit reports are well written and appropriately distinguish between major and minor issues.
- Track Internal Audit department findings and management action plans through resolution.
- Develop and provide relevant training to Berkadia employees as needed.
- Assist with preparing reporting to be delivered to the Audit Committee.
- Ensure conformance with accounting standards, plans, budgets and schedules.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you will need to be successful
- Bachelor’s degree required; Finance or Business-related field of study preferred
- Experience in Banking, Financial Services or Consulting for related industry
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in Internal Audit, in a leadership role within a department or with a consulting company
- An industry recognized certification such as a CPA, CIA or CISA
Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Jefferies Financial Group, is a leader in the commercial real estate industry, offering a robust suite of services to our multifamily and commercial property clients. Powered by deep relationships and industry-changing technology, our people sell, finance, and service commercial real estate, providing support for the entire life cycle of our clients’ assets. Our unique ownership structure allows us to put the client’s interests first and creates a marketplace that delivers a superior experience.
Berkadia complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants. Applicants who require reasonable accommodations to participate in the interview process should contact Emma.Petersen@berkadia.com to arrange for such accommodations.
Berkadia is an Equal Opportunity employer and complies with all applicable Federal, State and local laws concerning discrimination in employment. No question in this Application is intended to elicit information in violation of any such law, nor will any information obtained in response to any question be used in violation of any such law.