Real Estate Analyst
The Real Estate Analyst will work closely with commercial loan originators on complex commercial mortgage deals. The analyst will focus on reviewing and evaluating new loan opportunities and serve as a key point of contact for tracking the progress of those opportunities through the loan cycle, assisting with the marketing of our products and services to potential customers and interacting with the borrowers through the underwriting process.
• Actively assist in ongoing underwriting and deal management in close coordination with senior loan originator and supporting team members, including the review of Excel-based underwriting workbooks and narrative presentations.
• Review, size, and price transactions with originators during the quote process.
• Draft quotes to the business and credit teams and add/maintain quotes in the internal tracking (CRM) system.
• Review and analyze property and market data to determine the terms and conditions of the loan.
• Assist originators in their marketing of company products and services.
• Assist in identifying, tracking, and converting new business relationships and meetings.
• Maintain communication with the borrower and other third parties throughout the underwriting process.
• Compile market research data and maintain database of information.
• Prepare formal loan applications for lenders and internal underwriters including written narrative reports and backup analysis and data. Answer questions from lenders and internal underwriters generated by the submission and research, analyze and provide additional information on request.
• Assist in maintaining vendor relationships, soliciting and organizing report bids and arrange due diligence collection and site inspections.
• Assist in the closings of loans.
What someone will need to be successful in this role
• Minimum 2 years underwriting or analytical skill in a commercial real estate capacity
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment, adapt to a rapidly changing environment and manage deadlines.
• Enthusiasm, competence and a willingness to learn.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and adhere to organization policies and procedures.
• Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and consistency.
• Ability to travel 1x or more per month for site inspections, meetings, and industry events.
Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Jefferies Financial Group, is a leader in the commercial real estate industry, offering a robust suite of services to our multifamily and commercial property clients. Powered by deep relationships and industry-changing technology, our people sell, finance, and service commercial real estate, providing support for the entire life cycle of our clients’ assets. Our unique ownership structure allows us to put the client’s interests first and creates a marketplace that delivers a superior experience.
Berkadia complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants. Applicants who require reasonable accommodations to participate in the interview process should contact Emma.Petersen@berkadia.com to arrange for such accommodations.
Berkadia is an Equal Opportunity employer and complies with all applicable Federal, State and local laws concerning discrimination in employment. No question in this Application is intended to elicit information in violation of any such law, nor will any information obtained in response to any question be used in violation of any such law.