Real Estate Analyst – Affordable
The Real Estate Analysts play a critical role at Berkadia, utilizing their expertise in Commercial Real Estate (CRE) finance to lead analytical projects, and to support Berkadia’s Mortgage Banking and Investment Sales professionals meet the needs of Berkadia’s customers. The Senior Real Estate Analyst will have experience working on several real estate transactions, with experience conducting due diligence, valuing CRE properties, sizing loans, and overseeing critical process driven tasks to drive transactions to closing.
What someone will need to be successful in this role
- Demonstrated 2 years + experience supporting Commercial Mortgage with 1-year minimum Affordable Housing experience required
- Experience managing multiple loans at a time.
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, experience with tools like pivot tables, presentation animation and formatting charts preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
- Able to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing with all levels of an organization.
- Experience supporting deals from Beginning to End preferred.
- Review and analyze current and historical income and expenses of a property, along with market data, to determine the potential terms and conditions of the loan.
- Prepare loan submission packages for lender review and communicate with lenders.
- Compile, add, and maintain quotes to present to clients and track internally.
- Maintain communication with the borrower and mortgage banker throughout the process from quote to close.
- Facilitate information flow during due diligence/underwriting stage. Answer questions from lenders generated by the submission and research, analyze and provide additional information on request, including third party reports.
- Assist in maintaining vendor relationships, soliciting, and organizing report bids and arrange due diligence collection and site inspections.
- Other duties as assigned.
Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Jefferies Financial Group, is a leader in the commercial real estate industry, offering a robust suite of services to our multifamily and commercial property clients. Powered by deep relationships and industry-changing technology, our people sell, finance, and service commercial real estate, providing support for the entire life cycle of our clients’ assets. Our unique ownership structure allows us to put the client’s interests first and creates a marketplace that delivers a superior experience.
Berkadia complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants. Applicants who require reasonable accommodations to participate in the interview process should contact Emma.Petersen@berkadia.com to arrange for such accommodations.
Berkadia is an Equal Opportunity employer and complies with all applicable Federal, State and local laws concerning discrimination in employment. No question in this Application is intended to elicit information in violation of any such law, nor will any information obtained in response to any question be used in violation of any such law.