The Principal Software Engineer will be responsible for providing technical guidance and expertise across multiple software products. The Principal Software Engineer will provide mentoring as well as training for engineers. The Principal Software Engineer will also assist teams in solving complex problems, offering technical solutions, and delivering quality products.
What someone will need to be successful in this role
- Demonstrated history of software engineering experience
- Should have several years of development experience in Salesforce
- Must have multiple Salesforce certifications (Salesforce Platform Developer, Salesforce App Builder, Salesforce Administrator etc.. )
- Must have exposure to multiple Salesforce implementations
- Hands-on data migrations & data cleansing by using Data Loader or any other Salesforce tools
- Experience in Sales Cloud, Marketing Cloud(Pardot) & Experience cloud implementations with Lightning Experience
Nice to have
- At least a year experience mentoring a team of 3-5 software engineers.
- Good to have knowledge on Heroku Integration
- Proficiency and experience in agile software development practices as well as DevOps (CI/CD)
- Evaluate the feasibility of proposed work with product owners, architects, and designers. Discuss and influence product architecture to increase developer agility while retaining architectural sanctity.
- Provide technical expertise while planning to help clarify requirements, plan out potential implementations, and measure success.
- Plan, balance, and execute sprints containing bug fixes, feature requests, and new product development
- Ensure quality of one or more codebases and alignment with development standards
- Ensure all the developed software are adequately tested and meet Berkadia standards.
- Identify risks, issues, dependencies for software to be developed / under development.
- Remove tactical impediments and drive resolution of issues while ensuring continued focus on incremental business value – within teams and across teams.
- Demonstrate general knowledge of all products and the platform and how they fit into the overall system.
Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Jefferies Financial Group, is a leader in the commercial real estate industry, offering a robust suite of services to our multifamily and commercial property clients. Powered by deep relationships and industry-changing technology, our people sell, finance, and service commercial real estate, providing support for the entire life cycle of our clients’ assets. Our unique ownership structure allows us to put the client’s interests first and creates a marketplace that delivers a superior experience.
Berkadia complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants. Applicants who require reasonable accommodations to participate in the interview process should contact Emma.Petersen@berkadia.com to arrange for such accommodations.
Berkadia is an Equal Opportunity employer and complies with all applicable Federal, State and local laws concerning discrimination in employment. No question in this Application is intended to elicit information in violation of any such law, nor will any information obtained in response to any question be used in violation of any such law.