The Servicing Portfolio Manager acts as a liaison between investor, mortgage banker, underwriter, borrower, in the administration of loans. He/she will administer defined procedures, analyses, and reports but refers more complex work to senior staff. The Servicing Portfolio Manager is responsible for the day-to-day deliverables and representing the function at a broader level. These positions typically require functionally specific knowledge from training or experience.
What it takes to be successful in this role
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a real estate, business, or finance concentration or at least 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Understanding of financial statement and cash flow analysis.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software including Excel, Word, Outlook is required.
- Familiarity with or aptitude to work with loan servicing software such as McCracken/Strategy.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills are required.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Professional attitude and willingness to take initiative.
- Consistent level of high productivity.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
Your Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze property level performance and determine if the loan property has the financial ability to meet its debt service requirements and to identify trends in the financial statements that could be of concern to the Company investors or other interested parties.
- Analyze real estate collateral data and information and perform financial analyses, including ARGUS runs if necessary, in accordance with investor requirements, and determine whether additional follow up is necessary with borrowers to clarify financial statements.
- Review property inspections and insure collateral is maintained to document and lender standards while notating lease variances and health safety concerns.
- Work with the Client Relations Managers on updating investor Watchlist reports and any other related reports. Identify areas of risk at a loan level and portfolio level which may indicate the need for further review.
- Collect updated rent roll and leasing information as needed to analyze property performance.
- Manage borrower requests including lease reviews, assumptions, modifications, condemnations, easements and reserves.
- Review loan documents in conjunction with borrower requests and Watchlist triggers.
- Provide investors with timely, accurate, and pertinent information based on specific requirements.
- Provide Portfolio Analysts with guidance and training, as necessary.
- Performs other work-related duties, as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned
Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Jefferies Financial Group, is a leader in the commercial real estate industry, offering a robust suite of services to our multifamily and commercial property clients. Powered by deep relationships and industry-changing technology, our people sell, finance, and service commercial real estate, providing support for the entire life cycle of our clients’ assets. Our unique ownership structure allows us to put the client’s interests first and creates a marketplace that delivers a superior experience.
Berkadia complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants. Applicants who require reasonable accommodations to participate in the interview process should contact Emma.Petersen@berkadia.com to arrange for such accommodations.
Berkadia is an Equal Opportunity employer and complies with all applicable Federal, State and local laws concerning discrimination in employment. No question in this Application is intended to elicit information in violation of any such law, nor will any information obtained in response to any question be used in violation of any such law.