Operations Director (Investment Sales)
The Operations Director will serve as the main point of contact and connection between the producers, clients, and support resources. In addition, will oversee and assist in the coordination, preparation, and delivery of the Investment Sales team’s marketing deliverables and communication with existing and future clients. While being accountable for the accuracy, presentation quality, and on-time delivery of all the team’s deliverables. The Operations Director works with leadership and team members to continually identify and improve the sales cycle time and related processes, while also helping to scale and grow the team’s pipeline and related support.
What someone will need to be successful in this role
- Strategic thinker with ability to look at situations from differing points of view; able to challenge decisions as appropriate; persuasive with details and facts.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong internal and external customer service skills
- Excellent project management ability
- Strong analytical/problem solving ability.
- Must be able to delegate effectively, as well as be organized, resourceful, flexible, task-oriented/driven to closure and can thrive under pressure.
- Demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and high comfort level working in a diverse environment.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Tech savvy and proficient across multiple platforms and applications. Skilled in MS Office, Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and InDesign) preferred
- Responsible for managing the inner workings of the team’s operations.
- Oversees the BOV & OM process utilizing existing support resources, including marketing, research, and other teams.
- Coordinates and prioritizes due dates and delivery with current book of business.
- Monitors and manages workflow, identifying & implementing efficiencies.
- Participates in national peer calls and meetings – employs best practices, shares information with team members & informs producers of impending changes – supporting the business.
- Works in tandem with regional business partners to maintain organizational trust and a collaborative work environment.
- Coordinates pitch presentations for clients; potential to attend/support
- Oversees successful closing activities of all listings – working with the team’s Transaction Manager
- Supports various team marketing initiatives – runs team brainstorming sessions to generate new ideas and concepts; analyzes competition for fresh ideas
- Coordinates Marketing/PR Materials and client events/outreach
- Works to keep necessary team information current in business systems and performs write-ups for other industry publications/requests
- Screens, disseminates, and translates incoming internal/external referrals, as needed
Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Jefferies Financial Group, is a leader in the commercial real estate industry, offering a robust suite of services to our multifamily and commercial property clients. Powered by deep relationships and industry-changing technology, our people sell, finance, and service commercial real estate, providing support for the entire life cycle of our clients’ assets. Our unique ownership structure allows us to put the client’s interests first and creates a marketplace that delivers a superior experience.
Berkadia complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants. Applicants who require reasonable accommodations to participate in the interview process should contact Emma.Petersen@berkadia.com to arrange for such accommodations.
Berkadia is an Equal Opportunity employer and complies with all applicable Federal, State and local laws concerning discrimination in employment. No question in this Application is intended to elicit information in violation of any such law, nor will any information obtained in response to any question be used in violation of any such law.