The Financial Statement Analyst is an experienced professional who is responsible for ensuring all servicing requirements pertaining to financial statement analysis are met. This involves collection, analysis and reporting across various lenders and investors within Berkadia’s loan servicing portfolio, including Agency, CMBS, Life Co. and other fee-for-service clients, in accordance with applicable loan documents and servicing agreements. The Financial Statement Analyst also plays an integral role in ensuring the quality of analysis is maintained through periodic review of work completed by the team. This includes various analytical form types and mediums of interaction with focus on transmission of data, commentary, and corresponding documentation. A key component of success is developing, evolving, and maintaining proactive investor relationships and communication.
What it takes to be successful in this role
- Bachelor Degree required
- One to Three years prior experience in a similar position.
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, with ability to extend work into with other software including mortgage industry specific applications or delivery platforms.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities, and outstanding attention to detail.
- Excellence in communication skills, including the ability to communicate clearly and succinctly both verbally and in writing with all levels of an organization, internal and external.
- Outstanding attention to detail, ability to manage expectations, informing stakeholders of potential delays due to conflicting priorities.
- A can-do, proactive attitude and ability to work autonomously with confidence while escalating issues when appropriate, as well as with team members on shared responsibilities.
- Able to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as liaison between Berkadia’s US and India FSA team of analysts focused on the evaluation of operational performance and credit events.
- Monitor compliance for Financial Statement collection, analysis, and distribution and follow up with external parties on requests relating to assigned portfolio(s) in an accurate and expedient manner.
- Act as a single point of contact for lenders and investors on various portfolios, ensuring process workflows are adhered to, while taking a key role in Berkadia’s servicing relationship with those parties.
- Timely respond to investor inquiries on financial reporting status and analysis results.
- Ensure all internal and external systems are updated with the results of the financial statement analysis
- Handle client requests relating to assigned portfolio(s) in an accurate and expedient manner
- Perform quality control reviews of financial analyses and trigger analyses performed by our India FSA team as required per loan documents and servicing agreements, inclusive of borrower mediation.
- As needed, perform financial analyses and rent roll reviews for assigned portfolios in accordance with CREFC guidelines, Agency requirements, and internal policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Jefferies Financial Group, is a leader in the commercial real estate industry, offering a robust suite of services to our multifamily and commercial property clients. Powered by deep relationships and industry-changing technology, our people sell, finance, and service commercial real estate, providing support for the entire life cycle of our clients’ assets. Our unique ownership structure allows us to put the client’s interests first and creates a marketplace that delivers a superior experience.
Berkadia complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants. Applicants who require reasonable accommodations to participate in the interview process should contact Emma.Petersen@berkadia.com to arrange for such accommodations.
Berkadia is an Equal Opportunity employer and complies with all applicable Federal, State and local laws concerning discrimination in employment. No question in this Application is intended to elicit information in violation of any such law, nor will any information obtained in response to any question be used in violation of any such law.