Financial Analyst (Commercial Multifamily)
The Financial Analyst will perform in-depth financial analysis to evaluate Multifamily Commercial Real Estate assets and prepare market data to be utilized in various client-facing documents and presentations. The role will have a strong focus on quantitative analysis and financial modeling matched with practical business application.
What someone will need to be successful in this role
- Exceptionally strong Excel modeling skills, with experience with VBA and complex formulas.
- Experience with data analytics such as demographics, competitors, industry and real estate trends, etc.
- Organized and highly detail-oriented; accustomed to allocating time to double-check work.
- Ability to think commercially about the needs and requirements of different client groups, including investment management firms, brokers, and lenders.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work independently and deliver results with minimal supervision.
- The ability to work effectively both as an individual and as part of a team are a must.
- Ability to simplify and effectively communicate complex ideas in writing and through data visualization techniques to diverse audiences.
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, etc.) a plus.
- Develop and maintain sophisticated financial underwriting models for commercial real estate development, acquisition and disposition.
- Breakdown and analyze P&L statements and rent rolls.
- Utilize and maintain databases that track investment sales activity, construction pipeline, and other relevant real estate metrics.
- May occasionally present and support analyses to clients.
- Review industry surveys and benchmarks, economic and demographic trends.
- Actively assist in the research, writing, and proofing of market intelligence for marketing materials.
- Assist with preparing and presenting the results of the analysis, including graphics and charts, in a clear and concise manner.
- Establish strong working relationships with the team to understand and identify their needs for market intelligence.
Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Jefferies Financial Group, is a leader in the commercial real estate industry, offering a robust suite of services to our multifamily and commercial property clients. Powered by deep relationships and industry-changing technology, our people sell, finance, and service commercial real estate, providing support for the entire life cycle of our clients’ assets. Our unique ownership structure allows us to put the client’s interests first and creates a marketplace that delivers a superior experience.
Berkadia complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants. Applicants who require reasonable accommodations to participate in the interview process should contact Emma.Petersen@berkadia.com to arrange for such accommodations.
Berkadia is an Equal Opportunity employer and complies with all applicable Federal, State and local laws concerning discrimination in employment. No question in this Application is intended to elicit information in violation of any such law, nor will any information obtained in response to any question be used in violation of any such law.