The Director will be responsible for originating mortgage loans using a variety of mortgage products, building and fostering relationships with current borrowers, and continuously prospecting for new borrowers. The Director is the financial intermediary between Berkadia’s borrower clients, the Company’s internal capital sources, and third-party capital sources that the Company represents while fostering reliable and effective communications to enhance the likelihood that the parties will reach agreement on financing terms.
- Responsible for the continued growth and expansion of Berkadia’s Mortgage Banking practice through the aggressive origination, structuring and closing of financial transactions for the firm.
- Develop and manage an organizational approach that leverages the relationships and best practices of Berkadia, enabling the business to be more competitive, profitable, and to secure significant market share in the area.
- Prepare loan submission packages that meet the requirements of Berkadia’s internal and third-party capital sources.
- Make recommendations on the credit risk of the transaction when appropriate.
- Keep current as to market and industry trends to provide reliable market intelligence about the markets in which Berkadia and its clients may do business.
- Participate and play a prominent role in appropriate industry conferences as a visible ambassador of Berkadia in the region.
- Identify and develop new client relationships, consistently broadening the firms reach to a continually expanding client base.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you will need to be successful
- Five to seven years prior experience in a similar position
Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Jefferies Financial Group, is a leader in the commercial real estate industry, offering a robust suite of services to our multifamily and commercial property clients. Powered by deep relationships and industry-changing technology, our people sell, finance, and service commercial real estate, providing support for the entire life cycle of our clients’ assets. Our unique ownership structure allows us to put the client’s interests first and creates a marketplace that delivers a superior experience.
Berkadia complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants. Applicants who require reasonable accommodations to participate in the interview process should contact Emma.Petersen@berkadia.com to arrange for such accommodations.
Berkadia is an Equal Opportunity employer and complies with all applicable Federal, State and local laws concerning discrimination in employment. No question in this Application is intended to elicit information in violation of any such law, nor will any information obtained in response to any question be used in violation of any such law.