Client Relations Specialist
The Client Relations Manager acts as liaison between borrower, Servicing functional business units, Mortgage Banking personnel, trustees, investors, government agencies and rating agencies, if applicable.
- Monitors, administers or refers borrower requests to the appropriate Servicing functional business unit or outside party upon review of the applicable loan documents and service agreements.
- Provides detailed referral requests, including applicable loan document and investor requirements on transactions requiring lender consent such as easements, partial releases, and condemnations.
- Monitors and reviews loan specific trigger events to ensure appropriate action is taken to meet required deadlines.
- Works with management on appropriate responses and decisions regarding risk assessment of loans including comprehensive reviews of construction draw requests, potential loan servicing transfers, including loan document and servicing agreement requirements.
- Consults with direct report, manager and personnel within Berkadia, as necessary, and follow-up with borrower to ensure completion of requests and inquiries.
- Manages and/or escalates complex issues that will include some decision making on the Client Relation Managers part.
- Monitors portfolio specific reports and adhere to established Berkadia policies and procedures for processing open items or issues.
- Confronts problem situations in conjunction with assessment of loan documents and investor guidelines.
- Reviews written analysis of lease documents and enforce approval conditions.
- Develops personal technical skills by completing appropriate training courses and satisfying the annual required training hour minimum.
- Responds to all phone calls and emails within 24 hours of receipt.
- Works with all applicable functional business units to ensure compliance with loan document requirements and borrower requests on all servicing systems.
- Other duties as assigned. (This job has no supervisory responsibilities)
What you will need to be successful in this role
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work in a team environment and adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and adhere to organization policies and procedures
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and consistency
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Three to five years prior experience in a similar position or professional work experience
Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Jefferies Financial Group, is a leader in the commercial real estate industry, offering a robust suite of services to our multifamily and commercial property clients. Powered by deep relationships and industry-changing technology, our people sell, finance, and service commercial real estate, providing support for the entire life cycle of our clients’ assets. Our unique ownership structure allows us to put the client’s interests first and creates a marketplace that delivers a superior experience.
Berkadia complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants. Applicants who require reasonable accommodations to participate in the interview process should contact Emma.Petersen@berkadia.com to arrange for such accommodations.
Berkadia is an Equal Opportunity employer and complies with all applicable Federal, State and local laws concerning discrimination in employment. No question in this Application is intended to elicit information in violation of any such law, nor will any information obtained in response to any question be used in violation of any such law.