The AVP – Risk, Controls and Compliance is responsible for aiding the effective operation of Berkadia’s enterprise-wide Compliance program, including ensuring that the enterprise has a program that is based on the Company’s values. In this role, the individual will support Production Compliance and Third Party Risk Management (TPRM).
- Monitor regulatory compliance requirements and implement necessary procedural or documentation changes to meet government-sponsored enterprises (GSE) guidelines and ensure compliance with Berkadia’s Quality Control Plan.
- Collaborate with internal audit team and provide necessary documentation and insights.
- Maintain records of compliance activities and findings and strategize appropriate resolutions.
- Enhance Production Compliance and TPRM programs by streamlining processes and utilizing tools improve overall compliance effectiveness.
- Serve has a subject matter expert on GSE regulations, loan program and production requirements, as well as all Berkadia internal policy and procedures dealing with origination, processing, closing and construction servicing.
- Review proposals for business endeavors and recommend solutions to problems arising with respect to regulatory obligations imposed on Berkadia by regulatory agencies.
Third Party Risk Management
- Lead Berkadia’s TPRM program by strategizing with cross-functional teams to develop and implement a comprehensive program and processes.
- Conduct thorough due diligence assessments on new and existing third-party vendors, evaluating their financial stability, operational capabilities, and adherence to industry regulations.
- Monitor and analyze ongoing vendor performance and compliance, identifying any deviations from established risk tolerance levels.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation of third-party relationships, risk assessments, and mitigation strategies.
- Stay current with industry best practices, regulatory changes, and emerging risks that may impact third-party relationships and propose necessary adjustments to the risk management framework.
- Develop and execute vendor risk awareness and training programs for internal teams.
- Provide expert oversight and direction to the lines of business related to the third-party management (TPM) lifecycle, from screening, onboarding, risk assessment, risk mitigation, monitoring, and offboarding.
- Maintain TPRM policies and procedures and ensure that ensure that business units are adhering to changes in policy.
- Serve as an expert on the TPRM tool and liaise with business units to assist with tool implementation and ongoing usage.
What someone will need to be successful in this role
- Ability to be abreast of changes in regulatory requirements, industry standards, and best practices related to commercial real estate lending compliance and Third Party Risk.
- Strong communication skills and ability to lead meetings.
- Must possess strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Must be able to understand broader business issues.
- Possess a working knowledge of IT Risk Management principles and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, risk management, information technology, computer science, or a related quantitative discipline.
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant work experience in mortgage industry, risk management, Information Technology, or related field.
Berkadia, as an equal opportunity employer, celebrates our employees’ unique differences, which we believe drives personal and company-wide innovation and creates a people-first culture where your career can take the long view. To achieve these goals, we are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, domestic partner status, military and veteran status, disability, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by federal, state and local laws.
In keeping with our commitment, Berkadia takes the necessary steps to provide a workplace free from harassment and discrimination, as well as access and reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation to take part in the interview process, please contact email@example.com.