AVP – Originations
The AVP – Originations plays a critical role at Berkadia, utilizing their expertise in CRE finance to lead analytical projects, mentor junior analysts, and to support Berkadia’s mortgage bankers and investment sales professionals meet the needs of Berkadia’s customers. The AVP – Originations will have experience working on a number of real estate transactions, with experience conducting due diligence, valuing CRE properties, sizing loans, and overseeing critical process driven tasks to drive transactions to closing.
- Supports mortgage bankers and investment sales professionals source and execute business
- Participates in local marketing and sales efforts
- Mentors and directs junior analysts on projects and deal-related tasks
- Leverages Company’s centralized resources including teams based in Hyderabad, India
- Analyzes commercial and multifamily real estate, which includes generating pro forma valuations and sizing appropriate loan options
- Prepares formal loan submissions for lenders
- Leads deal processing from applications to closings
- Reviews due diligence material for real estate transactions
- Interfaces with external parties including owners of real estate, providers of capital, vendors, consultants and attorneys.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you will need to be successful
- Previous experience with cash flow and cost report analysis
- Experience leading small projects
- Experience with MS Office, especially Excel
- Experience with Argus preferred
- Ability to interface with customers
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work in a team environment and adapt to a rapidly changing environment
Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Jefferies Financial Group, is a leader in the commercial real estate industry, offering a robust suite of services to our multifamily and commercial property clients. Powered by deep relationships and industry-changing technology, our people sell, finance, and service commercial real estate, providing support for the entire life cycle of our clients’ assets. Our unique ownership structure allows us to put the client’s interests first and creates a marketplace that delivers a superior experience.
Berkadia complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants. Applicants who require reasonable accommodations to participate in the interview process should contact Emma.Petersen@berkadia.com to arrange for such accommodations.
Berkadia is an Equal Opportunity employer and complies with all applicable Federal, State and local laws concerning discrimination in employment. No question in this Application is intended to elicit information in violation of any such law, nor will any information obtained in response to any question be used in violation of any such law.