Associate Healthcare & Life Sciences
The Associate will be responsible for assisting Investment Advisors and Mortgage Bankers in sourcing new healthcare and life sciences real estate transactions in their assigned region. The Associate will also assist the Investment Advisors and Mortgage Bankers in executing transactions in their assigned region, as needed.
- Compensation structure starts with a base salary for two years as the associate builds their book of business with guidance and mentorship from the team. Position switches to 100% commission after two years, or earlier if preferred.
- Opportunity to earn significantly higher than market compensation for the candidate that succeeds in this role.
- Berkadia Medical and Life Sciences takes a hands-on mentorship approach and will be teaching and guiding all new associates to ensure successful career growth for all team members.
- Successful candidates will build trust quickly with new prospects and learn how to execute and close transactions with the guidance and mentorship of investment advisors and mortgage bankers.
- Source new business opportunities through prospecting, networking, relationship building.
- Position requires cold calling to generate new leads as well as in-person meetings.
- May collaborate with the Investment Advisors and Mortgage Bankers in your area on clients and transactions to further develop business and the Berkadia brand.
- May accompany buyers/investors/lenders during property tours, as needed.
- Review trade journals, other relevant literature, attend conventions, seminars and association meetings to remain knowledgeable about healthcare real estate, current as well as future trends in the market.
- Up to 25% domestic travel may be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you will need to be successful
- Business Development, financial analysis and transaction management experience preferred.
- Ability to work with tight deadlines in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized.
- Possess a strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
#LI-RECRUITER INITALS (#LI-HYBRID, ONSITE, REMOTE)
(reminder salary requirements need to be posted for jobs in NYC & Colorado)
Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Jefferies Financial Group, is a leader in the commercial real estate industry, offering a robust suite of services to our multifamily and commercial property clients. Powered by deep relationships and industry-changing technology, our people sell, finance, and service commercial real estate, providing support for the entire life cycle of our clients’ assets. Our unique ownership structure allows us to put the client’s interests first and creates a marketplace that delivers a superior experience.
Berkadia complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants. Applicants who require reasonable accommodations to participate in the interview process should contact Emma.Petersen@berkadia.com to arrange for such accommodations.
Berkadia is an Equal Opportunity employer and complies with all applicable Federal, State and local laws concerning discrimination in employment. No question in this Application is intended to elicit information in violation of any such law, nor will any information obtained in response to any question be used in violation of any such law.