The Associate Director will be responsible for assisting Investment Advisors in representing clients in the buying and selling of commercial properties. The Associate Director will also assist the Investment Advisors with acting as an intermediary in the negotiations between buyers and sellers.
- Assist with promoting the sale of commercial real estate through all marketing channels.
- Prepare and provide all supporting legal documents as required for the transactions.
- Assist with the building and cultivating of client relationships within the assigned region.
- May collaborate with the Mortgage Bankers in your area on clients and transactions to further develop business and the Berkadia brand.
- May accompany buyers during property tours; advise them on the suitability and value of the property they are visiting.
- Review trade journals, other relevant literature, attend conventions, seminars and association meetings to remain knowledgeable about commercial real estate, current as well as future trends in the market.
Up to 15% domestic travel may be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you will need to be successful
- Previous experience as a Transaction Analyst, Underwriter or Branch Operations preferred.
- Ability to work with tight deadlines in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized.
- Possess a strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Jefferies Financial Group, is a leader in the commercial real estate industry, offering a robust suite of services to our multifamily and commercial property clients. Powered by deep relationships and industry-changing technology, our people sell, finance, and service commercial real estate, providing support for the entire life cycle of our clients’ assets. Our unique ownership structure allows us to put the client’s interests first and creates a marketplace that delivers a superior experience.
Berkadia complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants. Applicants who require reasonable accommodations to participate in the interview process should contact Emma.Petersen@berkadia.com to arrange for such accommodations.
Berkadia is an Equal Opportunity employer and complies with all applicable Federal, State and local laws concerning discrimination in employment. No question in this Application is intended to elicit information in violation of any such law, nor will any information obtained in response to any question be used in violation of any such law.