2023 Summer Intern – Public Relations
Berkadia’s Internship Program is designed to increase your education, impact, and involvement in Commercial Real Estate and Finance. Our program combines real-world work experience with continuing education and mentorship. The PR Intern will report to the PR and Content Marketing Manager as part of the Corporate Marketing team and provide support on daily tasks and collaborative projects to amplify the Berkadia brand and message across the commercial real estate industry while learning from seasoned marketing, communications, and event professionals.
Essential Duties (Primary Responsibilities) include the following:
- Support PR efforts, including drafting, editing and tracking press releases, media outreach, media list building, media monitoring
- Manage WordPress; uploading blogs, press releases, and media mentions, while following SEO guidelines
- Update and compile monthly tracker including press releases, blogs, media hits, speaking engagements
- Conduct blog outreach, drafting and publishing for the BeBerkadia Spotlight blog series
- Assist with award program, including sourcing regional and national awards, developing nominee list and drafting, proofing and submitting award nominations
- Collect and compile editorial calendars
- Work cross-functionally with design, integrated marketing and external PR agencies
- Provide proofreading and editing on ad-hoc basis
- Handle online file/drive management and organization
- Maintain editorial, award and content calendars in support of integrated marketing campaigns
- Review, organize and track marketing materials, files, digital assets, and property details
- Partner with team to understand, collect and summarize campaign and quarterly metrics in support of Corporate Marketing OKRs (i.e., goals)
- Engage and collaborate professionally and efficiently with project stakeholders and partners throughout the organization
- Direct supervision of a Berkadia manager and added support of an assigned mentor within your department
- Educational resources and guidance surrounding industry knowledge and professional development
- Regular learning sessions held with business leaders
- A cohort of dedicated interns working in different departments across the country
What you will need to be successful
- CRE experience preferred
- Current student or recent graduate, pursuing a bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or a related field
- Desire to learn and advance in the fields of Marketing, Communications and Public Relations
- Initiative and drive to search for ways to contribute and grow
- Basic technology skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office software, including PowerPoint, Excel and Word; Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong attention to detail, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt, multi-task and remain flexible in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Jefferies Financial Group, is a leader in the commercial real estate industry, offering a robust suite of services to our multifamily and commercial property clients. Powered by deep relationships and industry-changing technology, our people sell, finance, and service commercial real estate, providing support for the entire life cycle of our clients’ assets. Our unique ownership structure allows us to put the client’s interests first and creates a marketplace that delivers a superior experience.
Berkadia complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants. Applicants who require reasonable accommodations to participate in the interview process should contact Emma.Petersen@berkadia.com to arrange for such accommodations.
Berkadia is an Equal Opportunity employer and complies with all applicable Federal, State and local laws concerning discrimination in employment. No question in this Application is intended to elicit information in violation of any such law, nor will any information obtained in response to any question be used in violation of any such law.